LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – New flavors in the 2019 veg guide for the 26th annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
This year’s festival will be chock-full of lush new topiary whimsy, edible delights, gardens to play in and an expanded lineup for the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
The 90-day event continues through June 3, featuring dozens of Disney-crafted topiaries and beds of multi-colored blooms that will transform the Epcot landscape into a floral extravaganza. As just one example of this metamorphosis, nearly 70,000 festival blooms will surround the lakes in Future World, while on the water, hundreds of colorful mini-gardens will be set afloat.
But let’s be honest, besides the amazing topiaries, and great musical acts we all come to Epcot International Flower & Garden to EAT! And this plant-based bottomless pit guy is no different than you. I just have to plan it out a little better. So I figured I would share my plant-based cheat sheet with all of you!
Let’s dig in!…. I love bad puns.
Now before we get into it, PLEASE note that I am basing my findings from this years listed menus. In most cases a “shared” cooking space is used to prepare vegan friendly foods. So please always do your own due diligence and ask about any allergies or cross contamination.
Ok now that that’s out of the way, here is what I found. Please note the “V” stands for Vegetarian, but I did still list it incase substitutions can be made or the dairy can be omitted.
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by IMPOSSIBLE™ Foods – NEW!
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (GF) (V) (KA)
- Farmhouse Meatball with Lentil Bread, Spinach, Marinated Vegetables, Creamy Herb Dressing (V)
- Chocolate Pudding Terrarium with Avocado Cream, Matcha Crumb, Pomegranate and Baby Herbs (GF) (V)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Noon Greens™ (non-alcoholic)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Vibrant Probiotic (non-alcoholic)
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® (non-alcoholic)
- Playalinda Brewing Company Tropical Wonderland Wheat Ale, Titusville, FL
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® with Tito’s Handmade Vodka served in a Mason Jar
Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth – NEW!
- From the Garden: Roasted Beets, Cashew Cheese and Micro Herbs with Lemon-oil Dressing (GF) (V)
- Mickey Tart Peanut Butter Mousse with Strawberry Jam and Boba Pearls (V) (KA)
- Blood Orange Aqua Fresca (non-alcoholic)
- Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt (non-alcoholic) (KA)
The Citrus Blossom – NEW!
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream, Citrus Crumble (V)
- Orange Cream Slushy in a Souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL
- Heavy Seas Brewery TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Halethorpe, MD
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- Beer Flight
Arbor at The Gardeners Terrace – NEW!
- Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cake, served with Apple Cider Sorbet (V) (GF) (KA)
- Original Sin Brewery Black Widow Hard Cider, New York, NY
- Florida Beer Company Caribé Strawberry Rose Hard Cider, Cape Canaveral, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing Key Lime Apple Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
- Karbach Brewing Lemon and Ginger Radler Houston, TX
- Seadog Brewing Company Sunfish Ale, Clearwater, FL
- Shipyard Brewing Company Grind the Rind Watermelon IPA, Portland, ME
- Cider Flight
- Beer Flight
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (non-alcoholic)
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company Twisted Strawberry Fest Fruit Ale, Tampa, FL
- Big Top Brewing Company Conch Republic Key Lime Wheat, Sarasota, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Monarch Milk Stout, Gainesville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Key Lime Wine, St Petersburg, FL
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Gin
- Beer Flight
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (V) (KA)
- Stiegl Brewery Radler Zitrone, Salzburg, Austria
- Paulaner Original Munich Lager, Munich, Germany
- Köstritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager, Bad Köstritz, Germany
- Hugo Cocktail with Sparkling Wine, Elderflower and Mint
- Beer Flight
Jardin de Fiestas
- Cerveza: Allende Golden Ale Craft Beer served with a Liqueur Floater
- Damiana Flower Margarita: Damiana Flower Liqueur, Blanco Tequila, Agave Nectar and Citrus Juices served on the rocks with a Black Ant Salt Rim
- Oaxacan Gin & Tonic: Smokey Gin, Black Currant Liqueur, Vermouth, Lime Juice and Tonic Water
- Rosé Sangria: Withers Rosé Wine, Tequila Blanco, Elderflower and Ginger Liqueur, Pineapple, Cactus Pear and Ginger Juices
The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™
- Roasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Purée, Wild Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, Honey-blistered Grapes, Sunflower Brittle and Coriander Flowers (GF) (V)
- Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots (V) (KA)
- Honey-peach Cobbler Freeze (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Goodwood Brewing Company Brandy Barrel Honey Ale, Louisville, KY
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Honey-peach Cobbler Freeze with Blueberry Vodka
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle and Toasted Coconut (V) (KA)
- Kirin Draft Beer
- Sayuri “Little Lilly” Nigori Sake
- “Ichigo Sun” Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail with Sake, Strawberry Purée and Lemonade
- Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Unibroue Éphérmère Apple Wheat Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Unibroue Blanche de Chambly Belgian White Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Unibroue Lune de Miel Amber Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Beer Flight
- Pineapple Soft-serve (V) (KA)
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Fanta® (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Coastal Empire Beer Co. Coco Piña Gose, Savannah, GA (flight)
- Maui Brewing Co. Pineapple Mana Wheat, Kihei, HI (flight)
- SweetWater Brewing Company Goin’ Coastal IPA with Pineapple, Atlanta, GA (flight)
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Beer Flight
Fleur de Lys
- Tarte au Chévre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a flaky Pastry Crust (V)
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
- Kir Framboise: Sparkling Wine and Monin Raspberry
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Maison de France
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664
La Isla Fresca
- Tropical Freeze (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Golden Road Brewing Tart Mango Cart Wheat Ale, Los Angeles, CA
- Tropical Freeze with Cruzan Mango Rum
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (V) (KA)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Pirates of the China Sea: Dark Rum, Peach Syrup and Piña Colada Mix
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup and Orange Juice
- Plum Wine Cooler
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro Pilsner
- Moretti La Rossa
- Placido Pinot Grigio
- Placido Chianti
- Villa Sandi Prosecco
- Montegrande Corbinello
- Fior d’Arancio Montegrande Moscato
- Bellini: Sparkling Wine and Peach Purée
- Frozen Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
Taste of Marrakesh
- Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur
- White Sangria
- Casa Beer
- Larroque Chardonnay, Meknes
Of course the spot lite of this whole selection has to be the news of an entire booth sponsored by Impossible Foods!
As I listed above, the selection at the Trowel & Trellis Hosted by IMPOSSIBLE™ Foods seems extremely promising with items like Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread, Farmhouse Meatball with Lentil Bread, Spinach, Marinated Vegetables, Creamy Herb Dressing, Chocolate Pudding Terrarium with Avocado Cream, Matcha Crumb, Pomegranate and Baby Herbs. But only time will tell if all these items are in fact served Vegan/Plant-based.
As you can see the limits are still there and is a little disappointing to see so many more options being offered around the Disney parks, yet simple substitutions like Non-dairy cheeses and Vegan proteins are only to be seen on the menus for Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival in one location. But hopefully each year we will see more and more options for Plant-Based / Vegans.
*For alcohol I would suggest using the app Vegaholic or Barnivore to find out if your selection of adult beverage is vegan.